The objective of this activity is to encourage and motivate the youth of Punjab to participate in volunteer work, build up a caring community, promote the positive values of self-fulfillment and enhance the sense of social belongings. Our country is facing numerous social, environmental, political and cultural issues, and we need volunteers to fill the gap among different strata of the society in general and to give appreciation to Young Volunteers in particular.
Volunteerism among Youth will be promoted through sharing of short, evidence based Video Documentaries of the volunteer work undertaken by individuals or group of individuals.
Key Areas of Volunteerism
- Community Projects
- Volunteering in Hospitals
- Green Volunteering
- Human Rights
- Child Protection
- Disaster Preparedness
- Information Technology
- Preventive Health
- Gender Equality
- Poverty Alleviation
- Women Empowerment
- Peace Building
- Inter-faith Harmony
- Protection against Drug Abuse
Who qualifies as a Youth Volunteer?
The Youth Volunteer programme is looking for motivated and talented youth between the ages of 15 and 29.
A volunteer should:
- be a citizen of Pakistan domiciled in the Punjab and should fall in age bracket of 15 to 29.
- have valid CNIC or Form-B Certificate & father’s / guardian’s CNIC in case of under 18 years.
- have valid proof of age / date of birth.
- be an individual or group of individuals and not drawing any remuneration for the social work.
Am I the right fit?
Here is a checklist to see if the Youth Volunteer programme is right for you:
- Am I committed to regional, global peace and development?
- Am I motivated and enthusiastic?
- Am I interested in or have I done any volunteering or community work in my tehsil, district or elsewhere?
Criteria for Videos Documentary
- Documentary must start with the title (area of volunteer work) and brief introduction of the volunteer (maximum length- 30 seconds).
- Documentary must have contents based on Social Volunteerism and its impact on the lives of people.
- Documentary should be based on evidence of volunteer work highlighting the work of volunteer.
- The submitted clips can be up to 5 minutes long. Submissions exceeding 5 minutes may be disqualified. Videos must be uploaded as one single file in the highest quality.
- Short title of the entry and a descriptive text of maximum 1000 characters are to be entered in the online form at the time of Video submission (preferably in English).
- Documentary should be free of any gender, sectarian or religious discrimination.
- The documentary must be the original work of the volunteer.
- The footage/photos should be from Pakistan only.
- The video content must be in Urdu or English.
- Participants must only use royalty free music/original background score for the film to avoid any copyright issues.
The department can use the video for any non-commercial purpose. The department will have complete rights to show and exhibit the videos.
Judging Criteria for Shortlisting of Documentaries
The judges will look for a creative, engaging and inspiring submission. Documentaries will be selected on the basis of criteria mentioned above. A committee will be formed under the chairmanship of Director Administration, Directorate General of Sports & Youth Affairs and the committee reserves the right to accept or reject video documentary of volunteer without assigning any reason. A confirmation email will be generated to the Volunteer after final approval by the Shortlisting Committee.
The shortlisted documentaries will be placed/uploaded on Youth Portal after approval by the Shortlisting Committee for the general public.
For further information or if you need to speak to a member of our staff by phone, please call our office from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., from Monday to Friday:
or send an Email at: email@example.com
We will be available to offer assistance and/or any kind of clarification you would like to ask for.